Industrial Security for Engineers
Trainings & Workshops
In order to protect networked machines from security attacks in an industrial environment and, for example, prevent down-time or quality problems, a systematic security strategy is absolutely necessary. The first part of the seminar, ‘Industrial Security for Engineers’, introduces normative recommendations for the introduction of a management system for information security. In the second part, selected stages from the security development life-cycle are explained. Building on this knowledge, we will discuss interconnecting technical security measures with functional safety and work on solution strategies.
- Motivation for industrial security
- Legal foundation
- Security standards and directives (BSI IT basic protection, ISO 2700x, IEC 62443)
- Introduction into the industrial security with focus on embedded devices
- Security by design: Security development life cycle, attacker and threat analysis, presentation of selected security
- Measures definition of technical security
- Requirements penetration tests
- Security and functional safety in the overall safety concept
You will learn how “Security by design” in the product lifecycle for security related components is implemented in an industrial environment.
Project managers, product managers, security officers, developers, testers, quality assurance managers