Robuste und schnelle Funkverbindung für sicherheitsrelevante Anwendungen
NTStarEcho is a Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE)-based system architecture for safety-relevant applications with a rating of up to SIL 3.The innovative wireless network characteristic with cooperating echo nodes and a flexible communication protocol enables a uniquely robust wireless communication with a minimum of latency.
Thanks to complete scalability and variable performance optimisation, e.g. an adjustment of the latency, redundancy and energy consumption to meet specific demands, the NTStarEcho is perfectly suited for a wide range of applications, for example in robotics, industrial automation, control of medical devices or in the field of autonomous vehicles.
- Robust wireless connection with extensive range
- Great scalability
- Easy integration into customer applications
- Connection of safety-relevant devices possible
- Low energy consumption
- Industrial automation
- Robotics (motion control)
- Medical technology (e.g. control of medical devices / monitoring of surgeries)
- Autonomous vehicles
- Agriculture (herd management etc.)
- Low latency, scalable from 0.5 to 100 ms
- Range of 10 to 50 m, can be flexibly further extended by expanding the basic architecture
- Scalable energy consumption by adjusting the redundancy (trade-off between the transmission reliability and latency)
- Packet loss rate scalable (10-2 to 10-15)
- Bluetooth technology
- Low energy consumption
- Adaptable software stack
- Usable at temperatures from -40 °C to +85 °C; IP 65
- Certifiable up to SIL 3 and medical device class 2a
NTStarEcho is based on a redundant star typology. The transmission of messages between the network participants (device nodes) is implemented via a defined number of echo nodes. This procedure enables variability in the planning of the energy consumption, latency and transmission reliability (redundancy). For example, by increasing the amount of connected echo nodes, the latency is reduced and the transmission reliability is increased – at the same time, the energy consumption for device nodes is increased.
The NTStarEcho architecture can be set using a variety of different readily available BLE components. Use of the NewTec component NTSecureNode BLE 100 enables – in addition to a fast realisation and optional monitoring of essential room parameters – a high level of information security and a functional safety rating of up to SIL 3.
The system architecture offers high availability levels in connection with NewTec components. System failures due to losses of connection are as good as gone.